Spring Migrant Birding along Ct River
Saturday, April 15
6:30 – 9:00 am
Free and open to the public. Bring binoculars and/or a spotting scope as you prefer. All skill levels welcome. Walking conditions are level traveling over mostly paved surfaces.
To be led by Mascoma Chapter Steering Committee member George Clark, Gail McPeek from The Hanover Conservancy and Jason Berard from the Upper Valley Land Trust. For folks who are interested, we may also take a walk up to Lyme Hill from Grant Brook and see if any of our woodland bird neighbors have returned(most years we hear a Louisiana waterthrush!).
Training Session for New Volunteers
Saturday, April 22
Claremont Community Center
152 South Street, Claremont, NH 03743
9:00 am – 2:30 pm
Hubbard Island Campsite Building
Tuesday, May 16 (rain date May 17)
11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Paddle the Border
Sunday, May 21
- FREE Shuttle Service (for persons and personal equipment only) from Bedell Bridge
to Woodsville available from 10-11 AM.
- Volunteers will be at the boat launch to help unload and protect boats before launching.
- Suggested Launch Time: 11:00 AM
- Approximate Paddle Time: 3 1/2 Hours
- All participants MUST abide by safe boating rules and regulations.
- ALL EVENTS ARE WEATHER PERMITTING
- At the end of the trip at Bedell Bridge, the Rotary Club will be selling hamburgers, hot dogs & beverages 1-3 PM
- The “Strawberry farm Band” will be performing with Bluegrass Music.
- There will be displays set up by various local organizations offering information about the Connecticut River, the Connecticut River Valley and events happening in the Upper Connecticut River Valley.