Every gift, large or small, time and money and ideas, is important to us and each makes a crucial difference.
Donate Now. Gifts from individuals and area businesses provide the lion’s share of UVLT’s annual budget. UVLT’s supporters include landowners and apartment dwellers; people who own hundreds of acres and those who live on small lots; people who have lived in the Upper Valley all their lives, those who have just arrived, and those who visit occasionally. It’s easy and quick to mail a check, donate online or transfer stock.
Volunteer. Over 125 volunteers assist in our conservation work annually. Contributions by volunteers make UVLT an unusually lean, effective and vibrant organization. Join us in the woods and on trails, reaching out to your neighbors, and caring for the lands we’ve conserved.
Supporters receive UVLT’s newsletter, annual report, and announcements of outdoor activities and events. But the real benefit of participating is the satisfaction of knowing that by helping to conserve rural landscapes, you are shaping the future of the Upper Valley.
Some other ways to support UVLT:
- Observe a birthday, wedding, anniversary, celebrate a life transition, or honor a special person. To make an honorary gift, just enclose a note with your gift explaining who you wish to honor, the occasion (if applicable), and the name and address of the individual to be notified of your gift.
- Tell a friend about us. Give a membership to a friend.
- Host a party for UVLT or lead a hike at one of your favorite UVLT-conserved places.
- Make a gift through your business. Click here to learn about business membership and sponsorship options.
- Honor the memory of a friend or loved one who appreciated the natural beauty of the Upper Valley region.
- Arrange a life income gift or legacy. It can be as easy as changing the beneficiary on your insurance policy. Choose the Gift Option that Matches Your Goals (see right)
WHAT ARE YOUR GIVING GOALS?
- If your goal is to make a quick and easy gift and receive an income tax deduction…
Then consider writing a check now.
- If your goal is to give personal items and receive a charitable deduction based on the full fair market value…
Then consider donating tangible personal property.
- If your goal is to avoid tax on capital gains and receive a charitable deduction…
Then consider contributing appreciated stock or other securities held for more than 1 year.
- If your goal is to defer a gift until after your lifetime and reduce or eliminate estate tax…
Then consider making a bequest to UVLT in your will.
- If your goal is to secure an income for life, avoid market risks, possibly increase your rate of return, and benefit more than one charity if you wish…
Then consider establishing a Charitable Remainder Trust or Charitable Gift Annuity.
- If your goal is to make a large gift with little cost to yourself and receive current (and possibly future) tax deductions…
Then consider contributing a life insurance policy you no longer need.
- If your goal is to avoid the taxation on IRA or other employee benefit plans…
Then consider naming UVLT the beneficiary of retirement assets after your lifetime.